Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Deadbeat Dad Issues

I'm revisiting the topic of my first post.  Why?  Because I'm still dealing with it and I'm very frustrated.

My son is 19 years old.  I've been fighting to get child support for....19 years.   When I got the first support order, the father quit his job and moved out of state.  He claimed that he couldn't pay his support because he couldn't find work.  Thankfully, Illinois told him "tough, you still owe, pay up".  For a while, his parents were sending in the payments for him, I don't know why they stopped, but they did.  For 15 years, all he was required to pay was $25 per week.  Yes, you saw that correctly, Twenty Five Dollars Per Week.  I never got a cost of living raise in support or anything...why?  Because as soon as support was being taken out of his paycheck, he'd quit his job.

Now, a year after he no longer has current support, I'm still fighting him for the $3800 in back support he owes. His excuse...."It's a hardship".  Hardship?  He doesn't have to do anything but have to send a check every week.  I was up all night comforting a baby through his fourth ear infection in 6 months.  I was the one rushing a 3 year old to the ER after a mirror fell on him and cut his leg.  I was the one who had to try to explain to a 5 year old why he couldn't get a new Power Ranger toy every day.  I was the one who had to explain why the other kids at school have a daddy and he doesn't.   Believe me, Mr. Deadbeat knows nothing of hardship.

Why am I posting this now?  Because once again, I have checked to see if he's made a payment, only to see that nothing for the last month.  The last payment he sent was $50.  It really makes me want to start a facebook page to say that "Eric Langley of Friendship Wisconsin is a Deadbeat Dad"

No comments: