Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July

Stopping by to wish everybody (all one of my followers ROFL) a happy 4th of July.

Me, I'm working. There are 6 people who can close the store. One doesn't work weekends (she has another job), there's a mother/son 'team' who claimed they were unavailable (after being unavailable the rest of the week too--but not taking vacation or personal time---I'm sure they're having a nice party), one is out of state for the weekend, and the two highest store managers never close on weekends. So that leaves....ME. The only recourse I get for working on a holiday...I got an extra day off this past week, and I get paid an extra $8 to work. Yup, $8 not time and a half, a dollar an hour to work on a holiday. Hardly worth it but I can't afford to take any unpaid time off.

No comments: